Wednesday 28 September 2011

MMM Mid-week Motivation - Using Patterned Papers.

Good morning every one. Today's Mid-week motivation is brought to us by Suzanne - take a look

"Sorry all but I have made a little mistake - I was in such a hurry prior to my holidays getting all my pieces done I omitted to take midway/instruction photos so hope you will forgive me.

Everyone has patterned papers in their stash - some we have had a while (and no longer like) or others that are highly patterned (and we are not sure how to use them).  The Graphic 45 steampunk papers are a fine example of this with lots of elements on them and if you were to use a whole page flat then it may be "too much".

By cutting into the paper and extracting elements the paper can go a long way.

My canvas is covered with a 12x12 page - the leftovers have been used i.e. the butterflies and flying clock were cut out separately from the reverse.  I have also overstamped onto the patterned paper - this is also another good way of "changing" patterned paper as is spritzing and stencilling.




 
Next week the mid week motivation will be back to its usual professional standards but I hope you have enjoyed looking at my canvas......."


Next week will see the start of a brand new theme set for for us by DT member Caz. This also means that we will be picking our September monthly winner - take a look at the prize you could be winning




To see this week's challenge click here - see you soon - Jacqueline.

3 comments:

  1. This really great and I'm sure we can imagine the 'in between' photos!! Thanks for the inspiration and looking forward to a new theme next week - this doesn't mean I've not enjoyed the steampunk because I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous prize Jaqueline.. I want one lol
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that is truly inspiring! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.